Developed by Lia DeLand in collaboration with Richard C. Schwartz (copyright 2002)
a= .93; M= 32.91, SD= 7.34, item to total correlations = .70-.80
9 items. Participants are asked how frequently they feel these feelings on a 5-point Likert scale (Never/Almost Never; Seldom; Sometimes; Often; Always/Almost Always)
- I feel energetic and joyful.
- I feel a sense of inner peace.
- I feel confident that I’ll reach my goals.
- I feel hopeful and optimistic.
- I feel able to comfort myself when something bad happens.
- I feel able to take care of myself.
- When something upsets me, I can calm myself down in healthy ways.
- I feel confident that I can handle whatever life brings me.
- I feel able to meet life’s challenges with courage.